How to Stand Out and Get Hired in a Virtual Job Market
Start Interviewing in Seconds – Link from Your Resume
Track who’s viewing your resume – With Google Analytics
Turn References into On-Demand Sound Bytes – With Wix
Hi my name is Alex McKee, HPC career strategist, coach, and former NASA engineer that helped land the Curiosity rover on Mars.
I’ve been a professional for over 10 years in the HPC and Big Data industry, staying on the cutting-edge of technology and science. And I LOVE IT!
And do you know what I love even more? Helping ambitious professionals like you land your dream job in HPC or Big Data and giving you the skills and tools you can re-use to do it again and again.
But here’s something I love even more than that…
Innovating Cutting-Edge Dream Job Strategies
I have something here that you’ve never seen before.
I have a new way to stand out from your competition and get the interview and the job you want.
Want to interview in seconds? Track which company is looking at your resume? Upgrade your boring references into sound-bytes you can re-use over and over?
The Easiest Way To Stand Out, Get Interviews, and Land Dream Jobs in 2020
The Power of a Digital Resume
Imagine starting your interview in seconds while your competition gets left in the stack of resumes on the hiring manager’s desk…without having to take time away from working your current job…even while you sleep.
I call them…Instant Interviews. Here’s what that would look like on your digital resume…
- Guarantee an interview with every resume you submit. By adding short videos on your Digital Resume, you can be only a few clicks away from starting your interview within seconds after the hiring manager starts looking at your resume.
- You will never get a second chance to make a first impression. So before you walk in the door, ensure your first impression to every company is you at your absolute best with an “elevator pitch” video or answering interview questions you already know will be asked.
- Imagine the confidence you would have picking up that phone, or walking into an interview, knowing that everyone you interview with has already seen, heard, and liked you.
- STOP letting these companies and these recruiters waste your valuable time. With Digital Interview videos, gain certainty that they like what they see BEFORE they call you in. And if they don’t, GOOD! You didn’t have to waste hours and days of your life going down the interview chain only to get rejected or ghosted at the end.
Digital Resume Analytics
Imagine knowing that your resume was actually looked at by a specific company you applied to. With a Digital Resume:
- Track which company viewed your resume and for how long (using Google Analytics – Free!)
- No more submitting you resume into the digital black hole and never knowing if it made it through the filters to an actual human.
- Shed light on the darkness of where you need to improve: Getting through the ATS filter OR getting through the hiring manager.
Imagine standing out from the competition with the most compelling catalog of Job Reference sound bytes:
- Give employers exactly what they want – to read and listen to what your references have to say about you in seconds, at their fingertips, on demand…without ever picking up the phone (like if you could listen to Amazon product reviews)
- Sound bites from your references are the only way you can be certain they are saying exactly what you want your employers to hear.
- The first 21st century tool that will allow you to start collecting and showcasing a library of Digital References…collected once, but usable for life.
But it doesn’t stop there. With a Digital Resume, you have the ability to show your employer whatever you feel is most important to get the interview and the job. I work with my 1:1 Land Your Dream Job Students to determine what that is based on their unique experience and goals. The possibilities are endless.
Put simply, a Digital Resume is a free website that you can easily create in under 30 minutes using Wix
Even if you know nothing about websites – No coding/programming needed! If you can operate a Smart Phone, you can create a Digital Resume. If not, I’m a bit worried about you.
Its absolutely FREE to create and keep for life. Then pay less than the cost of a haircut per month to remove adds – only in the months when you need to get a job.
Even if your short on time. I guide my students step-by-step to create theirs in 30 minutes or less.
How it Fits Into The Hiring Process
- You create your Digital Resume using Wix or some other website builder.
- You add the URL of your Digital Resume to your “paper” resume (PDF/Word Doc) like you do your LinkedIn URL
- You make a unique page for each job application (takes seconds with Wix’s “duplicate” feature)
- Google Analytics will tell you if that specific employer visited your Digital Resume
- Your Digital Resume gives you a way to market yourself in ways your “paper” resume never can.
- Employers can only see the unique page sent to them. (by hiding your site index from Google)
- Digital Resume’s are private to you and only the companies/people you send them to.
A Digital Resume IS NOT:
- A copy of your LinkedIn profile.
- Ask LinkedIn if you can install Google Analytics on your profile page…They’ll just laugh at you.
- Ask yourself, do you want your employers to be distracted by other LinkedIn profiles, notifications, “Try Premium Free for 1 Month!” when they are looking at you? Or do you want the focus to be ONLY ON YOU…without advertisements…without hundreds of links they could “click away from you” with?
- A Blog
- My 1-on-1 students create Digital Resumes to stand out and land their dream jobs…plain and simple…not to waste months blogging or growing an email list.
- An Info-graphic
- The average resume is looked at for 6 seconds. In that time, would you rather have an employer quickly glance at a pretty picture, or instead keep them watching and listening to your Digital Resume for several minutes?
- A replacement for your paper resume
- Your paper resume (PDF or Word Doc) is still needed to convince a computer to let you sit on the hiring manager’s desk.
- Once you’re on the desk, your Digital Resume is strategically designed to close the sale by making it extremely easy to choose YOU.
- An exact copy of your paper resume
- A Digital Resume unlocks powerful marketing abilities that your Paper Resume will never have.
- Your Digital Resume should NEVER be an exact copy of your Paper Resume.
- I help my 1-on-1 Students craft the most important thing to have at the top of their Digital Resumes. Hint: Its not your Job Experience or Education.
A Digital Resume IS:
- The most powerful tool available to stand out and market yourself for a job, a scholarship, a college admission, or any goal of yours in this virtual world that you would otherwise be just another piece of paper in the pile of applicants.
- The ONLY way to find out if your resume made it through the ATS filters and when companies are viewing your resume and for how long.
- The ONLY way to start your interviews within seconds by recording your absolute best elevator pitch and responses to the interview questions you already know are coming, and making a powerful first impression every time.
- The ONLY way to give employers exactly what they want – to read and listen to your references in seconds, at their fingertips, on demand…without ever picking up the phone.
Make it extremely easy for companies to want to hire you
My students know the importance of doing the work up-front.
In doing so, they make it extremely easy for companies to want to hire them. Without having to call their references…without having to waste their companies time or their time on the first interview…they hand them everything they already wanted to see and hear..but in a strategic and controlled way…and it works.
By doing the work up-front…not only did they stand out, not only do they secure their right to the jobs of their dreams…getting interviews is a mere triviality. And they are 1000% more confident walking into those interviews knowing that they have already made a powerful first impression.
The people stuck in the stack of resumes on the desk can’t even compete. The people stuck using just their paper resumes can’t even do the work up-front if they wanted to.
If your interested, I can help you get the job of your dreams.
Learn how to upgrade your resume to the 21st century, use Digital References, use Digital Interviews, and play the career game by a completely different set of rules.
But This Isn’t For Everyone
If your the type of person who:
- wants to keep doing the same thing over and over – submitting resumes into the digital black hole – and expecting different results (a definition of insanity)
- wants to never stand out and do the bare minimum to get a job – with only a paper resume and a cover letter (like everyone else)
- wants to just “wing it” in interviews and hopefully make a good first impression
- doesn’t care that someone with a digital resume will probably get the job over you
…then maybe you should close this window and keep Googling “Resume Tips”
BUT if you’ve read this far, then you realize that now the bar has been raised, that the career world is about to paradigm shift in this digital age with advancements in digital marketing – with Digital Resumes.
Who a Digital Resume IS for
- A Digital Resume IS for people who follow through, want to make more money, move up in their career and improve their life.
- For ambitious top-performers that want take their careers to the next level and need an edge against their competition.
- You’re willing to invest in yourself, knowing that using a Digital Resume will pay off for the rest of your life.
- You’re OK with putting yourself out of your comfort zone (e.g., creating a simple website, asking your network for reference sound bytes, practicing interviews in front of a video camera). I’ll guide you, but you have to be comfortable following through.
“Am I going to anticipate the change, or am I going to react to the change when it happens.”
Meaning, you can be one of the lucky few who reap the reward by have Digital Resumes before everyone else does, or you can REACT when you DON’T get any jobs because everyone that IS getting jobs has Digital Resumes to market themselves way better than you can.
Not only that. You have an opportunity to be the first to “wow” recruiters and companies with a resume that makes it extremely easy for them to hire you – a resume the HR world has been wanting for decades.
Why Recruiters, Hiring Managers, and Companies Love Digital Resumes
Do you like on-demand groceries to your door (InstaCart). Do you like on-demand rides (Uber)? What about on-demand products (Amazon Prime)? Then why wouldn’t you think companies would want on-demand interviews and references?
A Digital Resume saves them time and money. How?
First consider some hiring facts.
Today, Google receives 2 million resumes a year. That is 5,000+ per day.
There are simply too many applicants for an HR team to filter by hand.
And this problem is exactly why Applicant Tracking Systems are so widely used, because they save time and money.
But there is still a lot of filtering to do with those people that do get through the ATS.
Today, the average cost to hire someone is around $4000, and that’s already considering the time and cost savings of using an ATS.
That’s a lot of money. So Recruiters, hiring managers, and companies are constantly trying to spend less of that budget to fill the position.
A Digital Resume saves your company time and money by:
Lowering risk for companies. By increasing the certainty that who they call in for an interview is who they will eventually hire because they’ve already watched your Digital Interviews – they get what they’ve seen.
Decreasing Research Time: They already look at your Facebook, yourLinkedIN, and Googling your name. They already want to know how you talk, what you look like, what others say about you. A Digital Resume cuts that time down by giving them what they want – but in a strategically controlled way.
Filtering out top-performers. Those that have Digital Resume are willing to go above and beyond to get what they want. Who would they think would save their company more time and money? Paper Resume Guy? or the person that saved them time and money in the hiring process by front-loading the work.
Streamlining References. Saves them the headache of needing to contact your references because they have on-demand references with your Digital References.