Hi, I’m Alex.
I’ve worked in the HPC / Big Data industry for over 10 years, and I LOVE IT!!!
I love working with cutting-edge technology at scale – big, fast, powerful tech…mixed with the most cutting-edge, world-impacting, and badass science / applications.
But do you know what I love even more than that?
Getting you a job.
I help ambitious HPC / Big Data professionals like you find and land their next dream job. I can help you get more control, get paid what you’re worth, move up in your career and improve your life.
If you’ve ever asked yourself any of the questions below, you’re in the right place.
- Is a career in HPC / Big Data right for me? Where do I start?
- I’m not getting any calls for interviews…how can I scale up my interview rate?
- How do I confidently walk in and nail my interviews so that I get more job offers?
- How can I get paid what I’m worth and negotiate thousands more than what they offered me?
More About Me:
I’ve started my career at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory, working with supercomputers and with hundreds of NASA scientists and engineers. I even helped land the Curiosity Rover on Mars.
It was a dream job, until it wasn’t.
I was struggling with my daily 2+ hour commute.
Every day felt like a rat race. I would zone out on the tail lights in front of me, feeling like my life was being wasted away.
As soon as I woke up – as soon as I left work – I was listening to traffic reports, avoiding accidents, changing lanes, fighting to stay awake…a bunch of stress to only shave off minutes of time. But it didn’t really matter, each day I would come home exhausted and “done” no matter how fast I got home.
I didn’t feel motivated to do anything. House-work would pile up. I didn’t feel like I had enough time to spend with my family, work on side-projects, or pick up a hobby. And I only had a handful of hours before I had to do it all over again.
My weekends were then consumed with catching up on things I couldn’t get to during the week.
I didn’t want to move closer to my job because the cost of living was insane. I dreamed of moving to a lower cost-of-living city to afford more space.
I became depressed.
There were people that had been working at NASA their whole careers. They were called “Lifers”. I looked ahead at my future and thought:
- “Was this the hamster wheel I had to endure for the next 30-40 years?”
- “Was this the life everyone dreams of having after 14+ years of education?”
My friends and parents – they all told me that I should be happy to have such a great job. And when I looked at their lives, I realized that they had just accepted the 9-5 + commute lifestyle as the only way.
I felt like I was slowly dying, trapped with no time for myself…I needed a way out.
Don’t get me wrong, I loved where I worked. I loved the people I worked with.
But deep inside me I knew that wasn’t the work/life ratio that was going to make me happy. I couldn’t be a “Lifer” at NASA, or anywhere for that matter.
I didn’t want to be forced to commute or to live in a small space.
I had a burning desire to work from home. I thought about it every day, every commute.
I knew work-from-home jobs were out there, but I didn’t even know what jobs or where to start. I read they were rare and that when one opened up, it would be saturated with applicants in a matter of hours.
So I invested in myself:
- I learned how to find jobs that no one else knew about – that weren’t advertised on any job board.
- I learned about the game being played around us in interviews and what strategies the professionals use to win.
- I learned how to position myself as a top-performer, how to ask for a salary at the top of their budget, and how to make them happily give it to me.
Fast Forward 5 Months
- I was 3 months into my next dream job – still in the HPC / Big Data industry!!
- I had been promoted 2 levels up – after only 90 days of employment
- I had increased my salary $22,781 by negotiating my salary – twice – once with my job offer and once with my promotion
I’m passionate about helping you get your next job so you can start living the life you want today.
Want more interviews?
Get my 10 Free Resume Hacks that will transform your resume overnight into an interview magnet.
- Learn how to hook hiring managers in the first 6 seconds and get them excited to ask for a follow-up phone interview.
- Avoid game-over mistakes to get past the ATS filters and keep your resume from being automatically thrown into the trash.
- Learn how to stand out on your resume and give hiring managers exactly what they’re looking for.